Young Climate Leaders
Young Climate Leaders aimed to train youth leaders in climate change, with the goal of interpreting information related to climate change and its consequences in Jordan and developing visible solutions to mitigate the effects of climate change.
The project targeted youth student leaders from the eco-schools that were awarded the Green Flag, where a total of 15 selected participants have been involved in capacity building programs, and exchange visits. The capacity building program aimed to highlight three main modules:
- Module A: The science behind Climate Change: What is changing, how, where, when and why?
- Module B: Impacts of Climate Change on Jordan
- Module C: Responding to Climate Change challenges locally and globally
Students developed solutions to address the impacts of climate change in Jordan or to contribute to reduction of GHG emissions from major sources in Jordan.
German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through GIZ project: Intersectoral Coordination for the Implementation of National Policy on Climate Change in Jordan (ICE)
- Trained a generation of young climate leaders from Jordan’s eco-schools capable of communicating climate change issues to decision makers and other relevant actors.
- Fostered the implementation of eco-school guidelines and criteria at Jordanian schools for a better environment.