Improve Demand Side Management and Enforcement Capacity in Schools and Hotels Training Program
June 2018 –July 2019
Promote the best water management practices using the education and tourism sectors of Jordan by ensuring that school students and hotel staff adopt a number of water efficiency technologies.
This project is funded by USAID - Water Management Initiative (WMI)
- Implemented capacity-building programs for more than 4500 students in Aqaba, Amman, and Irbid on topics related to issues with water and water saving techniques.
- Implemented capacity-building programs for more than 130 employees working in the private sector (hotels) in Amman, the Dead Sea and Aqaba on topics related to water issues and water saving techniques.
- Updated the eco-schools criteria’s guidelines.
- Retrofit more than 3000 water saving devices in schools and hotels which contributed to reduce more than 49% of the total annual consumption of water.
- More than 9000 pre and post questionnaires have been distributed to measure knowledge, attitude and practices of students and hotel employees in relation to water issues, management and consumption.