Sustainable Education through Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in the Northern parts of Jordan
May 2018- May 2019
Encourage schools located in the northern parts of Jordan to adopt energy efficiency and renewable energy resource practices and technologies as a gate for international recognition.
This project was funded by the Netherlands government and was implemented in partnership with the Princess Alia Foundation, Future Pioneers and Horizon for Green Development
- 46 schools have been certified as eco-schools.
- More than 5000 students (57% and 18% are Syrians) have received awareness and educational messages on renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- More than 3000 teachers (64% females) have received awareness and educational messages on renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- 1067 questionnaires were distributed to measure knowledge, attitude and behavior toward renewable energy and energy efficiency techniques (69% of these questionnaires were completed by females)
- More than 5000 students (6% were Syrians) were engaged directly by educational programs related to renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- 6800 students viewed VR videos on energy saving.
- More than 200 teachers (M: 25%, F: 75%) have been engaged with capacity building programs on renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- 10,000 stickers on energy saving were distributed to the involved schools.
- 34 environmental days were implemented.